Grilled chicken doesn’t have to be boring! Marinades don’t have to be store bought! Jack doesn’t need coke! (Well......sorta!) But for this particular concoction, skip the coke! You can decrease the sodium if you so choose......or add more sugar.....but definitely leave the whiskey(or add more!) for great flavor! Just mix it up and let it do its magic for a few hours! (This marinade works great for pork as well!) Now lets mix up the Jack & Coke!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- Smoky Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup Boudreaux’s Smoky Jalapeño Grill’n Sauce
- 2 Tbsp OkieSpice Smoked “Butchers Grind” Black Pepper
- Mix these two....divide into half and set both aside.
- 1/4 cup Apple juice
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/8 cup Smoked Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp OkieSpice Smoked Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp OkieSpice Smoked “Butchers Grind” Black Pepper
Mix together marinade and whisk well. Place thighs and 1/2 marinade in freezer bag and store in fridge for 3 or 4 hours( or overnight).
When ready to grill, heat grill to medium/ high heat. Grill thighs for about 10-13 minutes or so, before turning. After turning once, baste using some of the 1/2 cup Smokey Pepper Sauce. Continue grilling for another 10-15 minutes. Turn once more, coating with leftover sauce. Let cook another 2 or 3 minutes. Serve with the remaining 1/2 cup Smoky Pepper Sauce.
- Kim Zieg