OkieSpice Cranberry Moonshine
*1 lb Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
*1 (750 ml) bottle Everclear
*8 OkieSpice Cinnamon Sticks
*2 Tsp OkieSpice Whole Cloves
*1 Tsp OkieSpice Whole Mexican Allspice Berries
*2 OkieSpice Whole Nutmeg, each quartered
*1 OkieSpice Star Anise Pod
*3 1/2 cups Spiced Apple Cider
*64 oz Cranberry Juice
*1/2 cup sugar
- Coarsely chop cranberries and add to Everclear in a large glass container.
- Steep 7-10 days in fridge.
- After 1 week, combine cranberry juice, apple cider and spices in large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar and let sit 1 hour.
- Strain out both cold and warm mixtures and combine in a large glass jar. Stir well and keep refrigerated. Serve warm or chilled.
- Optional cold drink-float frozen cranberries in moonshine if serving chilled.
- Optional warm drink- add a splash of pecan whiskey to heated moonshine.
- Kim Zieg